Ovando Inn & the Blackfoot Commercial Company
Early Ovando was a depot for miners and loggers working in the Blackfoot River valley trains brought supplies to Drummond, Montana and from there mule teams brought the supplies to Ovando. Ovando, at the time, boasted multiple bars, two hotels and a bank.
The building the inn occupies currently, has been a hotel, cafe, saloon, thirst parlor and later a service station which lead to the store and hotel that it is now.
The building the Ovando Inn currently occupies has been a hotel, saloon, and service station over its many years. The original building that houses the Blackfoot Commercial Company used to stand to the west of the current location but burned in a fire that took several buildings in 1917.
Fred and Leigh Ann Valiton took over the inn and store in 2016 with their son, John, joining the businesses in 2020.
Locals and travelers alike have come to know the BCC and Ovando Inn for a hot cup of coffee, good conversation, and a wide supply of provisions, as well as, a cozy place to stay . . . oh, and Fred's own brand of humor!